Happy Thanksgiving From Your Favorite Downtown Santa Barbara Hotel
It’s the most popular travel time of the year and we are quite busy here at Cheshire Cat Inn. People are coming in to town to visit family and friends they haven’t seen all year. While we love Thanksgiving, we know there are many of you that find it to be a bit stressful. Having to host so many family and friends can wear you down if you don’t know how to manage it. After managing an inn since the mid-1980’s we’ve learned a thing or two about keeping our customers happy. This Thanksgiving we want to help you with our list of top ways to manage stress during the holidays.
● Make a list of what needs to be done before your relatives and friends arrive. Do as much as you can before they arrive. Can’t get it all done? Hire help or enlist the help of other friends and family.
● Decide what holiday activities you want to do together with others. Are you making cookies or making holiday decorations? Don’t do it all by yourself! This is a fun family activity that can keep the kids and adults busy for hours at a time.
● Create a budget and stick to it. Nothing can make bringing in the holidays more stressful than financial woes. Calculate the cost of your holiday events, make a budget, and force yourself to honor it.
● Take care of yourself. The Cheshire Cat Inn staff would never be able to take care of our customers if we did not take care of ourselves. Be sure to get plenty of rest and eat nourishing meals, particularly when you are working extra hard.
● Put the children to bed at their regular time. It is easy to let the kids run around and play a bit later than normal. However doing so cuts into your own work and relaxation time. Give the kids a bath and read them a story at their normal hour so that they can get enough rest.
Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season don’t have to take a toll on your body. Use these tips to help keep you sane through the new year. When you need a break, give us a call and make a reservation! We’ll have breakfast waiting for you.
Santa Barbara Events
Santa Barbara Zoo
Thursday, November 28th 10am - 3:30pm
Watch the zoo animals play with pumpkins!
Trinity Episcopal Church
Friday, November 29th at 8pm
For tickets, dial 805-963-4408.
Saturday, November 30th 4pm - 8pm
Free admission! Call 805-693-8864 for more details.
Thanksgiving Videos You Will Love
Q: How did the inn get its name?
A: The theme of The Cheshire Cat Inn in part references the innkeeper’s home in Cheshire, England and Lewis Carroll’s famous book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
Q: Do you serve breakfast at The Cheshire Cat Inn?
A: Yes. Guests enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast and various alternating warm dishes including a quiche or bagels with cream cheese and warm salmon.
Q: Are spa services available on site?