Your Insider’s Guide to a Romantic
Santa Barbara Honeymoon
Santa Barbara honeymoons are the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure with the laid back vibes, exceptional food and wine scene, and all around breathtaking views. We’ve put together a few of our favorite ways to experience the beauty of this beloved coastal town so you can skip the hectic planning process and jump right into your first getaway as a married couple.
- Picnic on Butterfly Beach: Pack up a picnic lunch and head down to Butterfly Beach. Let the salty sea and peaceful sound of crashing waves soak the wedding stress away.
- Go Wine Tasting: Santa Barbara Wine Country is majorly underrated. You’ll find an array of finely crafted spirits to satisfy even the most discerning palates. Go the vineyardroute for stunning views of the Santa Ynez Mountains, or check out the Urban Wine Trail to experience the eclectic vibes of downtown.
- Stroll Down State Street: Venture over to State Street downtown and explore the diverse shops and cafes that line this pedestrian-friendly outdoor shopping area. Great people watching, beautiful architecture, and charming boutiques make this the perfect laid-back outing.
Pick an Adventure
- Surfing, Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding: Try something new together and schedule a private lesson. Choose the experience that sounds most intriguing and get ready to let loose and make some amazing memories with Santa Barbara Adventure Company.
- Go Whale Watching: Set sail on the Santa Barbara Channel with Condor Express and get up close and personal with humpback whales, bottlenose dolphins, and dozens of other sea creatures.
- Bike the Town: One of the best ways to experience Santa Barbara is by bike. Rent a beach cruiser or team up on a tandem bike and go exploring. For scenic views cruise along the coast and break for lunch on Stearn’s Wharf or get acquainted with the charm and Spanish flair of downtown – be sure to stop by Old Mission on the way!
- Breakfast: We’ve got you covered at our Santa Barbara Inn – fuel up for the day ahead with homemade quiche, baked treats, fresh fruit and more in our cozy on-site dining room.
- Lunch: C’est Cheese– pack the picnic lunch of your dreams with treats from this gourmet cheese shop or pull up a chair in the café for seasonal soups and sandwiches – they make a killer grilled cheese!
- Dinner: Bouchon – hands down our favorite restaurant and perfect for celebrating this special occasion. Only the freshest local ingredients grace the seasonal menu, all seamlessly paired with an exclusively Santa Barbara wine list.
- Dessert: McConnell’s Ice Cream – there’s something so fun and playful about an ice cream shop and McConnell’s has everything you love about this childhood favorite with a twist. Enjoy artisanal flavors like Boysenberry Rosé Milk Jam, Churros Con Leche and Cardamom & Gingersnaps. Yum!
Luxurious suites, romantic fireplaces and private balconies overlooking blooming gardens set the scene for the beginning of your romantic adventure at our cozy Santa Barbara bed and breakfast.
Set aside some time in the afternoon to enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres on our garden patio or treat yourselves to an in-room couple’s massage. Whatever your desires, allow us to be your partners in crafting the ideal Santa Barbara honeymoon.